This fresh, citrusy pasta salad makes a delicious light lunch and is ideal picnic food. A fruity pasta by Slimming World with orange, apples, and grapes…
|Preparation Time||30 Mins|
|Total Time||30 Mins|
Make a change to your usual pasta salad lunches and try this fresh and juicy, fruity pasta salad by Slimming World.
This fruity pasta salad is perfect to serve at a summer buffet as part of a spread of salads and healthy pasta recipes. It serves four as a main course or six as a side dish. It takes just 30 minutes to make and you can easily multiply the ingredients if you need to. If you’re following Slimming World’s diet plan, this fruity pasta salad works out at 2 syns per portion.
For the dressing:
- 6 level tbsp extra light mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1tsp runny honey
- 1 level tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 3 tbsp each of finely chopped fresh chives and dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 300g dried short-shaped pasta
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 red apples, cored and roughly chopped
- 50g each of green and red seedless grapes
- 2 celery sticks, thickly sliced
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- Make the dressing by mixing together all the ingredients in a large salad bowl. Season to taste and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain well.
- Add the pasta to the salad bowl with the remaining salad ingredients.
- Pour over the dressing and toss gently to mix well.
Top tips for making fruity pasta salad
The salad can be chilled until ready to serve and will keep up to 1 day, so make some extra and pack it into a lunchbox for tomorrow.
Can you prep this pasta salad ahead of time?
You can prep most components of this pasta salad ahead of time. You can make the dressing and store it in an airtight container or bottle in the fridge for up to two days. You can also cook the pasta ahead of time and store it in the fridge.
Like most salads, this salad is best assembled and eaten on the same day for the freshest flavour, look, and texture.